Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Diaper Wipe Tote

Okay...I think I got it down.  I know what I want to do with the Central Park laminated cottons.  I'm going to do the diaper and wipe case, changing pad, & a diaper bag.  Because the laminated cottons are so expensive I practiced on some scraps of Bliss by Bonnie & Camille designed for Moda Fabrics.

It took me all day as I played around with the design trying to come up with the best pattern.  This is actually # 3 that I made today!  My Sophie (one of my 4 year twins) loves to play "fabric" and she was very excited to take my discard.  She filled it up with a few toys and snacks and carried it around all day.  She even made a few requests for me to make some for her friends!  Once I figure out for who then I can monogram it.

The dimensions are 5.5" x 9.5" x 1.75"
For the handle, I took 1" brown canvas belting and sew the top with the Red Polka Dot fabric. 
Next time I'm going to change the handle a bit...check back to see the changes!

I used Velcro for the fastners - but I'd like to try magnetic closures.

I couldn't help it!  I think my Terra Cotta Soldier is going to be my new display model!

I'm hoping to have time to get the Central Park made before I head out of town for the weekend.  While I've been so excited for a tennis weekend with the girls...I'm dying to play with the laminated cottons!


No comments:

Post a Comment