Sunday, April 3, 2011

Diaper Bag

I am SO excited about this bag.  I wanted to make a bag for my sister and for her baby on the way - it is baby #3 BUT, it is going to be her FIRST girl!  Since I have a house full of girls - with only 1 boy, I love girl stuff.

I had planned on making her a bag out of the Central Park Laminated Cottons by Kate Spain.  I practiced on the Diaper Wipe Tote and was ready to take on the bag.  So we picked a pattern and uh...it was a What The Heck project - which is one of those 'where the picture is super neat yet you follow the directions to the T and what you made doesn't really look like the picture' project.  I'll post some pictures of that but I'm too excited about this bag.

I went online and found some bags that I thought were neat and played around with the pattern until I got exactly what I wanted.  I made it in some leftover Bliss by Bonnie & Camille from the Diaper Wipe Tote project.  I cannot believe how easy it was and it turned out EXACTLY how I had hoped.  Bags like this one were selling for $150!! 

When I make Amanda's bag tomorrow I'll take some pictures and put up some tutorials for how I did some of the details.  I've got so many ideas of other bags I wish I could stay home and work on these tomorrow!  That will be a bonus when my shop opens...I get to say, sorry honey - I have to work on this project for the shop.  Wonder if he'll go for it.

Diaper  Bag

Dimensions:  11.5" x 14.5" x 6"
  • Magnetic Snap Closure
  • Adjustable Straps
  • Converts to Stroller Bag
  • 6 Interior Pockets
  • 2 Side Pockets
  • Large Back Pocket has Velcro Closure
  • Interior Zipper Pocket
  • Hard Bottom with Nickel Feet

Front of bag - flap closes with a magnetic snap closure - handles have an adjustable slide so the strap can be lengthened or shortened

6 Interior pockets and a Zipper pocket

Straps are on D-Rings with a Swivel Clasp - converts easily to a Stroller Bag

Back Pocket with Velcro Closure

Metal Nickel Feet with Hard Bottom


No comments:

Post a Comment